January 24, 2014

{Loyal Product} Clinique Moisture Surge

Hi everyone! I know it's been a very long time but I've been struggling with the desire to blog, finding the material to blog with and also my nails haven't been the best. Whenever I'm not working, they're slowly growing but whenever I get back to work, they always break. Currently they are nubbins right now, but I hope to grow them out and try to be more careful and aware with what I'm doing when I'm working/using my hands (that should be one of my resolutions for 2014). 

In 2013, I haven't done much nail looks as I've mostly stayed loyal to my favorite go-to polish, OPI My Very First Knockwurst. I've gone through about 2 bottles and I do have back ups. My original go-to polish was Sephora by OPI Xox Betsy, but we all know that's discontinued and I regretted not getting back ups. My co-worker would always ask me if I was wearing MVFK when I wore Xox Betsy, so I gave it a shot and I've been hooked ever since. 

Another 2013 climax was towards the end of the year and it was when my boyfriend bought me the Samsung Galaxy EK-GC110 digital camera. It's a digital point & shoot camera with DSLR components. A lot of factors played into my decision for this camera, which for one of course is the picture quality and clarity. I always thought that I'd save my money and purchase a DSLR for me to blog with, but this camera has some DSLR qualities and it isn't heavy. I also don't need to spend money on buying different lenses as well PLUS the zoom is AMAZING. I was never amazed at any camera product until I saw this product in Best Buy. The Samsung Experience worker tested the zoom and it was able to zoom very far to a fire extinguisher and still captured a clear picture. So now that I have a camera that I'm happy with, I feel the urge to blog more. And you'll see what I mean in this post.


Enough talking about 2013, and let's talk about now. Since I don't have any nail pictures to blog about, you probably know what I'm going to be talking about based on the title of this post. Lately I've been getting into more beauty and skincare products and I'm just going to blog about a product that I've used for a long time. I share this product with my mom - as she is the purchaser of the product. Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief is a face lotion that is super light and applies SO smoothly onto the skin. The reason why my mom and I love this product is because we both have sensitive skin (I've gotten it from her). She has VERY sensitive skin and when she finds something that works for her, she sticks with it. Moisture Surge does not have a thick formula and it doesn't leave my face feeling oily or anything. I love to use this all year round but sometimes I switch and use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion. The lotion leaves my skin feeling so soft and smooth that when I'm wearing it, I tend to touch my cheeks a lot.

Clinique Moisture Surge is allergy tested, 100% fragrance free. On the packaging it claims "rapid, long-lasting hydration in a refreshing oil-free gel. Fast-absorbing formula with active aloe delivers a burst of moisture. Smooths, softens, plums up fine dry lines. Locks in moisture all day. Helps skin better resist dehydration despite drastic shifts in humidity." 


Pictured is a small 1oz jar that I filled because my mom has the larger jar in her room. 
What are your opinions on this product?

Hope to see you soon and thanks for reading!
Katherine

3 comments:

  1. Hello there! I don't want to be a downer, but any antioxidants this contains will not be effective with repeated exposure to air due to being in a jar. I also find jars to not be the most sanitary, but I'm overly cautious because I have very acne prone skin. But, I don't see why this wouldn't be great if placed in a tinted pump bottle and not exposed to light. I had a sample of this in a tube that I quite liked and am a fan of the dramatically different gel even though it is a rather simple formula with limited beneficial ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alisha! Thank you for your comment, I actually did not know that.

      Delete
  2. i used this before and i actually quite like it. but i found that it works best for me only in the summer months when it's really humid out.. in the winter time it's not hydrating enough for me.

    www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete