February 6, 2010

Grown Fond of Sinful Colors

Since the last post, I've realized that I've grown fond of Sinful Colors. Cheap, nice colors & found conveniently at two pharmacies in my neighborhood. Their display collection has grown a lot bigger from what I use to remember. It also makes me feel better about how much I spend on nail polish and it makes up for this time when I'm not ordering Essie's, OPI's and China Glazes online. :D

For the past 1-2 weeks, I did these 2 lovelies:
A Classic and my most favorite color: China Glaze For Audrey with Forever21 Nail Stickers (:

I've been wanting to do a manicure of China Glaze For Audrey while I was working and I was thinking, since it's so close to the trademark Tiffany&Co. color, I was thinking of making my nails look like the Tiffany&Co. jewelry box, the aqua-teal color + a white ribbon and bow. So I tried that out, and it didn't work out well, sadly my vision didn't come true. Maybe one day when I get better with nail art T___T;. But since I really love the color, I decided to use it with nail stickers, the next best thing when your vision doesn't come true. Or Konad but I really suck at using it. I bought a box in Vegas and it's been sitting in my room for a while.. maybe I'll resell it or something.

With flash

With no flash


-♥-

After that I picked up Sinful Colors Secret Admirer. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS POLISH! It's black or close to black with micro silver glitter. This was 2 coats topped off with Seche Vite Quick Dry Top Coat. I absolutely love this manicure. What surprised me more was when I was taking the polish off, the black would come off and you're left with a metallic gray layer which looks AWESOME! I'm in love & I've really come to loveeeeeeeeee Sinful Colors! ♥(:

With flash


-♥-

And finally, today I happen to be in Times Square and I stopped by Sephora to look and test out Kim Kardashian's new fragrance, Kim Kardashian. I'm soo in love with the smell that I think I'm going to get myself a bottle :3♥ Also, since I was in Sephora, I decided to take a look at the Sephora by OPI section & I found this baby right here, Sephora by OPI 212 - Sephora. It's a limited edition bottle (and I just read that it's only available online or the Times Square store)! Eek I'm in love and I HAD TO SPEND $9 on that bottle. I rarely spend that much on any bottle I own but I'm definitely in love.


This isn't my picture but I'm going to definitely upload it when I do use this one - which is soon! So look out for a coming post! I'll also add a review & possibly pick up another bottle maybe for back up! Hehe (:
Edit: I did my nails (picture below) with Sephora and I re-enforcing my love for this polish. I can't put the color into words as good as it is, but it's like a brown but with forest green with multi color glitter and gold/orange-ish flakes. I definitely love the color & it was easy to apply. Top coat is a definite need for this one after 2 coats it gets a little bumpy so it'll smooth the bumpiness and make the polish shineeeeeeeeee! I lovelovelovelovelovelove this polish and it's going up to my favorites with (already placed in my favorites) China Glaze For Audrey and Sinful Colors Nail Junkie. :)♥ But the only thing I didn't like was not being able to capture its true color with my camera. The picture below is the best of what I was able to capture close to its true color.

With flash


-♥-

I also saw another bottle that I love Sephora by OPI Too Good For Him - I think I might just have to pick this up also! I'm not 100% sure though, since I feel like I have something like this in my small but growing collection.



-♥-
I was looking though my photobucket to see if I uploaded any pictures of when I did my nails and I came across this


I wanted to practice some nail art so I bought fake tips to practice on. There's a variety of colors that I used on this. The only ones I could remember are:
- China Glaze Passion
- Sally Hansen Gunmetal
- OPI Time-less is More
- Essie Sassy Satchel
- China Glaze Solar Power
and a variety of nail art colors.

Sincerely, Katherine♥

3 comments:

  1. Katherine,
    Loved reading your post.
    I have quite a few Sinful Polishes. I've only used one so far. I just got into nail polishing in Dec. Ya I'm 54 but having a blast. I also have Konad and love it.
    What problems were you having with it?
    Glad I found your blog.
    Susie in northern NY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Susie! :) I'm glad you love reading my blog and I'm trying to make it as good and helpful for people. The problem I'm having with Konad is the stamper.. I don't think I press hard enough onto the plate and the nail color doesn't stick onto the stamper. But when my mom tried it she got it. That's why I've been putting off Konad onto the side ):

    Katherine♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well get it out and try again. :) I've heard of that happening to people and they take a file and use it on the stamper a bit. They say there sometimes there is a film on the stamper. Also make sure you work pretty quickly. I would love to see your Konading. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete