October 29, 2012

Galaxy

Hello everyone! Today's a non-nail post but it uses nail polish, so it's relevant in some way right? :P Hurricane Sandy is slowly approaching NY, which is keeping me home so I finally found time to vamp up this wooden jewelry box I purchased from an art store in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. It's a plain wooden box that I got for $4. I planned on doing something but then I decided I wanted to make it a galaxy box. I only did the top of the box, and I'm considering on whether I should do the entire box or not.


It started with this plain box like this:




Then, using a black acrylic paint, I painted the whole box black to create the base for the galaxy.




Using a number of polishes (I will list below) and a make up sponge, I created the galaxy look on the top of the box.



Polishes I used:
Cover Girl Boundless Color - Disco Dazzle
Essie Pink-A-Boo
Klassicolor (same exact polish as Kleancolor) - Aurora
Pa Nail Color - A125
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Fireberry Red
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Purple Gala
SaQu - 635
Wet N Wild Coloricon - The Crown is Mine
Zoya - Crystal


Thanks for stopping by and hope you like this post! :)
Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment