November 9, 2011

Memories of You.....

Hi everyone, sorry for the late post! >__< I hope you all are doing swell, I know it's been a while since I've last posted. I have done a few swatches for you guys, hopefully I'll be able to resize them sometime when I'm available. And I haven't felt like doing my nails since my nails were breaking and they're on the short side. I'm hoping it'll grow out soon.

Today's post is something I created because this day is a day to remember for me since today was the passing of my aunt. I've cried and cried but I wanted something that would allow me to remember her while still doing something I love, nail polish. My aunt was like my second mother and she treated me like her own daughter. Her daughter, my cousin, is a few months older than me but I feel like we're sisters and we're the closest family member in our entire family. I will always remember the late nights/early mornings that she would wake up and tuck my cousin and I in whenever I slept over at my grandma's house whenever they visited. I will remember the times in Atlanta when she would give me more medicine to take because of my coughing. My aunt and my two cousins were the only family members living in Atlanta while the rest of my family is in the Northeast. So whenever she came, our entire family would come together and she was the piece that connected my entire family together. Without her, our families lived their own lives in different homes. What hurts is that I can't be by my cousin's side, since she's in Atlanta and I'm here in New York. However, my parents are there so I hope she feels a part of me being with her in them. It hurts to see my aunt go, but I know that she isn't suffering as she was during her time here, since she had to battle throat cancer twice. I'm sad that she is no longer with us but I know she's in a better place watching down on my cousin, her brother and the rest of my family, smiling down and taking care of us.

With this, I decided that I wanted to create a nail polish of some that are precious to me, to remind me of her. And I named it Memories of You. Gu Gu, (this is what I call her in Chinese), this is for you and I hope you like it. I love and miss you♥ You'll always be in my heart.

My cousin Sean, my aunt, my grandma and my cousin Pauline


I've layered 2 coats of Memories of You on top of 2 coats of Essie Licorice for this manicure.






Memories of You is a franken which consists of:

• Wet N Wild Clear
• Essie Licorice
• Clarins 230 (a little bit)
• China Glaze Bermuda Breakaway
• OPI Movin' Out
• Star Gazer 308
• Cult Nails Unicorn Puke
Unicorn Puke, Movin' Out, Bermuda Breakaway and Essie Licorice were the main components of this franken.

I love the results of this franken and this is definitely a great reminder of my aunt. The multicolored flakies represents the memories and happiness of my aunt and the dark base represents the sadness of losing my aunt.

I hope you love this polish as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by,
Katherine

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great way to help you remember her. I am very sorry for your passing. Also, what a beautiful polish for a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great polish for a great lady. Sorry for your loss:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is insanely beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry for your loss :(. Your franken is great. What a wonderful tribute to your aunt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. The franken is gorgeous. It's a great way for you to work her memory into something so integral to your life. I'm sure she appreciates it.
    (Also, I wanted to ask: has your blog sale page been recently updated? I realize it started a while back so I wasn't sure if everything was actually gone already. Thanks!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think making such a beautiful polish is a nice gesture to remember your beloved aunt

    ReplyDelete