July 13, 2010

Prevail

Today I went to watch Despicable Me with the boyfriend and I loved it!♥ I thought it was funny and cute :). Before and after the movies, I went to 2 different Duane Reade's to get top coat since my Seche turned horribly thick & useless. At the first Duane Reade, there was no Seche :( but I picked up 2 bottles of nail polish, one which I never heard of before so I decided to try one out since the color looked really nice but it was $6 a bottle, kind of pricey for a drug store polish. After the movies, I went to the Duane Reade closer to the movie theater and found my Seche♥.

Swatches!

Essie Pretty Edgy
green, kind of hard to describe what kind of green but it's not very blue based though - that didn't help much, lol. The swatch is 2 coats and no top coat. For the nails picture, I used China Glaze Strawberry fields to create the strawberry and Pretty Edgy as the leaves of a strawberry. The seeds look like a fail, maybe because I rushed it and it looks awkwardly placed. Another time I'll redo the strawberry nails :P. Overall I like the formula, application, drying time and the color is unique in my collection since I don't own that many greens excluding mint greens. :)

Prevail See You In Chelsea
light sky blue with green shimmer. The swatch is 3 coats with no top coat and there's VNL. This is the brand that I'm unfamiliar with and as I googled it, I only found it relating to 'diapers' (drugstore.com) & Nubar. The price is eh, which made me hesitant but I wanted to try it out. So this isn't the type of nail polish to be the base coat but rather layered. I wanted to see which blue would go nicely under and here are the pictures. After layering them on top, I noticed that it was mostly a green shimmer than blue shimmer. You can't see it well on top of Essie's LOL or CC TMTYC but I like them best on those two, for the 'water' look that I'm looking for to do my nails with. :P

Thumb Claire's Fresh Water (4 coats), index American Apparel Peacock (2 coats), middle Essie Lapis of Luxury (2 coats), ring Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Fairy Teal (2 coats) and pinky Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau (1 coat).

As I was going home, the boyfriend and I were contemplating on ideas and he came up with the movie Titanic. Although I'm a noob at nail art this was a pretty good attempt. On my left hand I made the iceberg, though it doesn't completely look like one.. I'm most proud of it and the 'fail' Titanic, lol. On my right hand since I'm terrible with making nail art with my left hand, I tried to make a necklace relating to when Rose threw the necklace into the ocean. The pendent was kind of a fail but I do like the chain lol. Overall, it was a good experience and challenge for me because I usually do the same, similar or easy nail arts. :)

Used: China Glaze Ruby Pumps, Essie Chinchilly, Essie Lapis of Luxury, LA Colors Nail Art Gold Glitter, OPI Alpine Snow and Prevail See You in Chelsea.


hope you enjoyed,
<3katherine

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE your green nails! love love love!!! the middle picture is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete